Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Dad Passed This Week

Bill exited this mortal coil to enter eternity on Monday, August 16, 2010. He fought pancreatic cancer for over 18 months. He was only bedfast for 5 days before he died.

My boyfriend picked out a new dress for me, accessorized me, and even offered to do my makeup, but, that I thought I could do on my own! He really knows how to do everything except maybe brain surgery. He prepared a feast for the family for an "after funeral" meal. He's won over everyone in the family.

I've made Rick promise to try to use up more stockpile in the near future and stay out of the grocery store. He has agreed to use up my stuff. Really, he has to; he wants the stockpile out of the house. He has plans for the two rooms I use for it. I've really allowed the couponing and stockpiling to take over my life and I need to get some order back.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers while my dad was sick. I know the difference between friends and acquaintances. Anyone who prayed for my dad is my friend, even if I've never met you in person.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I hope it was peaceful.
Take time to grieve and heal.

Many hugs.

vickib52 said...

Amy, it was peaceful. I was with him at 5:00 am on August 16. No one else was about. I saw him from this life into the next. I don't feel grief right now. I guess it will come later. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Vicki. I am glad to hear your boyfriend is such a comfort to you & your family. What a blessing!