Monday, March 8, 2010

I've Done Well For A Couple Of Days

For two days, I've been able to adhere to the "3-a-day" rule. I'm really trying to use up stockpile as best as I can. I made a huge dinner yesterday and used some freezer stew today with cornbread. I can see some headway in my freezer lately. It doesn't seem so packed. I still have a few items in my dad's freezer at his house, most notably a turkey and some ground beef.

My dad is failing fast. I can see a serious decline in the past 4 days. My mother is in therapy after her quad bypass surgery. I've tried to talk to them about home health care, but, they are resistant. There's really very little I can do for them. I feel so helpless.

I saw your comments on having waffles for dinner and making baked spaghetti. I think I can do both. I tend not to eat much in the evening. I eat during the day mostly. At any rate, I've taken your suggestions under consideration. I may have waffles and sausage for dinner one night soon. I have a "goo-gob" of sausage in the freezer. You all know what a "goo-gob" means, don't you? It's one of my grandmother's words. It means you have more than you need.

I got a new heat pump installed today. I am so excited. I've been living with a single heater for 3 years. Now, I can have a warm house or a cool house now, as I please. It's wonderful.

I've got a couple of free coupons for Excedrin to redeem in the next few days. I also have some BOGOF Qs for Michael Angelo's dinners. I guess I will spend a few bucks on groceries for the next few days. I don't think it will hurt my percentages much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear about your Dad :(
I do hope you enjoy your breakfast for dinner!