Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm The Recipient Of A Bounty Of Groceries

A friend moved this week and left all fridge food for me. My refrigerator and freezer are overflowing. If I dare enter a grocery store in the next 2-3 weeks, you all have my permission to beat me with a stick!

My dad is getting more frail, but, refuses to give up. He tends to his tomatoes every day. He's made a new top for his trailer, painted it, and installed it himself. That's in anticipation of selling tomatoes at the flea market this summer. What a guy!

I have a new pet. My friend couldn't take the dog to the new residence, so, I now have a miniature pincer. She's a sweet girl and minds well. Of course, you all know that I have almost a dozen cats. It's going to take a bit of time to work all this out.

A friend of mine told me something that, quite frankly, I'd never thought of. She said she went through the house, looking at various food and cleaning products, called the 800# on the package, and asked for coupons. She said that it worked about 90% of the time. She received high value and free coupons for several things. It's just so simple and I never thought of it! Worse, she didn't know a coupon from a camel until she met me and I introduced her to the concept of double coupons at Bi-Lo. I know I'm going to get comments from several of you telling me you already figured this out and where has Vicki been!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Instead of calling, I usually send emails about coupons. That is easier and less time consuming for me. I usually add a compliment or complaint - which ever I have at the time. Complaints get more free stuff sent, but I never make up a complaint, they are always real.

Unknown said...

BTW I read the blog - Couponing to Disney. She lists 5 company email addresses a day to encourage people to write to ask for coupons. You might check that out as well.