Saturday, June 12, 2010

Surprise! The Frog Turned Into A Prince

The frog can cook like dammit. He has shown his true colors recently and I think he is a prince. Remember, I'm an old maid and don't care much for "the dance." That said, I think I'll stick with this one for a while. I talked to his mother today and she told me things that he has said about me that he hasn't shared with me. I think he might be a keeper.

Last week, he grilled a meatloaf that I am just now enjoying. He combined ketchup with orange marmalaide for the topping. I don't know what else he put in it, but, I'm telling you, it was fantastic! The man can make a 7 course meal with Spam and crackers.

I've got some salmon in the fridge that defrosted and I need to cook it in a day or two. I don't know much about that except to stick it in the oven. Any help? I was thinking of stuffing it with rice, but, I don't know how to do that. O.K. I admit it. I'm a dunce in the kitchen. It's great that I have my readers to help me along.

I think that on Monday, I will start calling the 800# on the packages in my house. If it worked for my friend, it should work for me, right? I can't believe that a newbie taught me that trick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There are usually a few cooking methods on the salmon package. I usually grill, bake or broil it. I don't like fancy recipes too much, so I just season simply and cook. Usually just some lemon pepper seasoning and maybe a drizzle of olive oil. I wouldn't think you could stuff it with rice, unless the rice is precooked. Rice cooks too long and salmon doesn't take but about 20 min. Perhaps you could make a rice side dish.

vickib52 said...

I didn't think of olive oil to drizzle on it, but, I just sprinkled some salt and pepper on it and found that my combination microwave/convection oven has a pre-set for cooking fish. All I had to do was hit "sensor cook" and the number 8 and it cooked my salmon to perfection.