Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

It's the time of year of rebirth and renewal. It feels so good to be outside right now. Rick has planted an awful lot of azaleas, rhodedendrons, and hibiscus. My house is becoming a home.

Well, got rid of all the cats. It was hard, but, they will have a more comfortable life with others. I sent Daisy away, too. The no-kill facility said it's O.K. that she's not litter box trained. They can place her.

I've really got to get busy clipping and filing coupons. I hate to admit it, but, I've let my coupon binder go practically empty. I don't even carry it into the store anymore.

I've gotten Rick to use much more of the stockpile. The 3-a-day rule died a long time ago, but, we're still working at it.

Work is going well. Rick and I work well together. We are getting more clients every month.

The only "deal" I've done lately is the 5/$13 coke 12-pack products. Shouldn't drink that much coke, but, what are ya gonna do when you live this close to Atlanta? Oh, BTW, in the south, you never call it soda or pop. You don't even call the other products by their name. Here's how the conversation goes when you have a guest in your home. "Would you like a coke?" "Sure. What do you have?" "Well, I have coke, sprite, diet coke. Which one?" So, all soft drinks are generically called coke around here. You have to get specific after that.

My dad has been gone 8 months. I can hardly believe that much time has gone by. Rick went out and seeded the lot and it is looking very good.

We are planning to go to the lake tomorrow to celebrate our first year together. We actually had our first date on Easter last year, which was on 4/4, as I recall. We are considering Easter Sunday as "our" day from here on out.

Have a blessed and happy Easter tomorrow.

No comments: