Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally! Spring Is Here!

I spent a couple of hours today just lounging in my hammock chair outside. It's hard for me to just set my brain on "idle," but, I was able to do it for a while and I feel so refreshed.

There is something wrong with this blogspot. I cannot update my totals in the right column. I crash the system every time I try it. That said, here's where I am for the first 3 months of this year:

$134.05 Spent
$408.93 Coupons, etc.
75% Savings

I am averaging $45 per month. If I can keep that up, I'm going to make my goal with plenty of room to spare.

Someone on freecycle.com gave me 3 boxes of Gevalia coffee today. That's about $25-$30 worth of premium coffee. I was awfully appreciative to get it. In return, I gave someone else some bricks today. I'm not all that active on freecycle, but, I've given away quite a bit of stuff that way. I think today is the first time I've actually received anything through that site.

You ought to see my dad's tomatoes! They're about two or three feet high. He started the seeds in January in the basement under the grow lights. We'll have tomatoes by the first of June, I think. As sick as he is, I half expected that he would forego tomatoes this year, but, I guess he's just too stubborn to stop doing things. We see the doctor on Monday to see where the cancer is or isn't. I fear the worst.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry to hear the worry in your writting. I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prays. I am really glad to hear that your dad didn't give up on living his life, as so many with cancer do. Please enjoy some of those delicious tomatoes for me, right off the vine with a little salt.

vickib52 said...

Tammy, my therapist says that the death angel with have to chase him down, wrestle him to the ground, and drag him off kicking and screaming. I think he is right. My dad is not going to go down quietly. He has lived a year since his diagnosis and the time given to him. He intends to live a lot longer. I am amazed at his fortitude. I couldn't have ever expected this much of him. He is a great inspiration to me. I have resolved that when death awaits me, I will fight the good fight that he has.