Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Learned Of Some New Ways To Prepare Common Foods

I was invited on a picnic last Sunday. The gentleman did all the cooking. All I had to do was eat! Anyway, he made a great dish out of a box of Suddenly Salad by adding a bit of mayo, some Caesar dressing, crab meat, and paprika. It was fantastic! He also made a marinate for sliced avacados.

My problem with cooking? I have no chemistry background. Cooking is chemistry. This goes with that and that goes with the other thing. I guess I just don't have much imagination in the kitchen. I'm trying to learn new things to be able to use more of my stockpile.

We saw the doctor on Monday. Dad's cancer has now spread to his lung and the liver lesions are growing. The doctor is trying to come up with a different chemo med that might extend his life a bit longer. He says it's worth trying because Dad is "high functioning." I mean, the life is draining out of the man and what did he do last week? He put out 72 tomato plants, mowed the yard and seeded the lawn. It takes him a long time to get it done. He says that he makes one pass across the yard, has to sit and rest, then makes another pass, sits to rest and get his breath back, on and on.

I don't know why this blog layout won't work anymore, so, I'll keep giving my totals in the body of the posts until I can figure out something else.

$142.68 Spent
$413.44 Coupons, etc.
74% Saved

No comments: