Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sorry I've Been AWOL

Sad story. I met a man, thought he was a prince, turned out to be a frog. I wasted 3 weeks finding that out.

I'm writing from 35,000 feet. I'm on my way to Hawaii today. I won't be posting for the next week as I will be eating out every meal. I've never flown first class before today and I've got to tell you, it's sweet! It's going to be especially important from LA to Honolulu as that is the longest leg of the flight. Coach seats are getting smaller and smaller, I swear! Up front, the flight attendants fawn all over you. If they only knew that I'm flying on an award ticket, not "real" money.

I'm sorry I don't have my totals with me right now. I think I'm around $200 for the year in spending. I'm at about 72% coupon use.

My dad is failing. He's on a new chemo treatment and it is causing him a lot of trouble and pain. All it is is injecting poison to fight the other poison. Neither one ever wins. I will say, though, that he is fighting the good fight and is pushing himself beyond all you could imagine. He's got 72 tomato plants in the ground right now. I guess he expects to live long enough to harvest the crop.

As I said, I've been in this failed relationship for 3 weeks and haven't been on the internet to find any good freebies or deals for you. I promise to do better.

3 comments:

DCMetroreader said...

So sorry about the frog (I think we've all dated our shares of them).

Have a fabulous time in Hawaii!

vickib52 said...

Thanks for the sympathies! At my age, I should expect that if there was a good man left, someone else would have snapped him up before I came along.

I'm wearing a bathing suit today for the first time in so many years that I've forgotten when. Even though it is a modest one-piece, I feel like I am walking around naked. To and from the pool, I am wearing a shirt and a wrap around my waist. I'm not sure if I'm going to take them off at the pool!

Unknown said...

I hope you have a great time on your trip. Sounds great to fly in first class! As for the frog, I think you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the prince ;)