Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Major Savings

I think I'm getting back into the couponing game. A few days ago, my local store had Green Giant boxed veggies for $1 a box, usually $1.76 each. I was able to trade for some .60/3 coupons. I ended up buying 30 boxes of GG veggies for $18 total. Rick was playing golf that day and you would not believe how he roared when he opened the freezer for some ice and was greeted by 30 boxes of veggies! He totally freaked. I tried to explain that I only paid $18 for about $53 worth of groceries. Some guys just don't get the grocery game, do they? This week, the 8 ct. tube of Pillsbury Grands biscuits, regularly $2.19, I think, are $1. I'm trading for some more coupons. Wait 'til he sees a refrigerator full of biscuits. Oh, yeah, when I buy 5 of them, I earn an extra .20 in fuelperks. Yes, I'm back in the game!

No comments: