Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm Really Cruising This Month

Here it is the 23rd of the month and I have spent a total of $61 so far. I really feel in control of the situation, something I haven't felt in a while. I've sold more than $400 of my stockpile at the flea market. I finally had a good day yesterday selling tea. I think I told you I had about 85 boxes. I had 48 boxes of Tetley, the 24-ct. quart size bags. I'm down to 20 boxes. I wasn't selling much of it until yesterday. All of a sudden, everyone wanted to buy tea. Who knows how these things go. I guess next Saturday will be the last for the flea market. Football season starts the next Saturday. My dad never misses a home game and I will be going with him. I don't want him to go alone in his condition.

Speaking of my dad's condition, he is going back tomorrow for another scan to see the size and condition of the pancreatic tumor. We are hoping for a good report. He thinks he's cured; I'm afraid he's going to be terribly disappointed to find the tumor still there. It will all be O.K. He's got a really good attitude about the whole thing and has placed it all in God's hands. There's a 100% probably that we will all die sometime of something or another. Sometimes we just happen to know what we are going to die of and about when it will happen. Otherwise, we just try not to think about it, I guess.

I have no plans to go to the grocery in the next week. I can't think of a thing that I need or might need before the end of the month. Even if I do, I will still come in well below my projected average and I will still be on track to make goal this year.