Friday, February 26, 2010

Geez! The Groceries I Have!

Due to some work on my house this week, I had to dismantle some of my grocery shelves. I didn't realize how much Hamburger Helper I've got and I have so much ground beef in the freezer. I have enough elbow macaroni to feed a small army. It's so easy to overlook what's on the shelf when there is just so much.

I have a lot of pancake mix. I guess I could make waffle mix out of it. I so rarely eat breakfast that I just forgot about all this stuff.

Anyway, looking over all this stuff that I've had to relocate in the house, I see that I can eat for a year off of stockpile. Yeah, I know, I just ate off stockpile for a year already.

I promise to get back on the "3-a-day" stockpile rule soon. I really try. I just ran across a bag of Christmas presents I received and there were 7 bottles of body wash. Oh, yeah! Like I didn't have enough!

My daffodils are coming up, although, my January jasmine didn't bloom at all last month. I can't wait for spring. We've had more snow here this year than we've had in the past 3-4 years total. You know, when you live in the south, you expect a mild winter. This has been awful.

O.K. Besides mac & cheese, what else would you do with elbow macaroni? I have a bag full of bread crumbs in the freezer. I hate to throw away those stale pieces of bread, so, I grind them to make crumbs. Your suggestions are appreciated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have waffles for dinner Vicki. We rarely cook breakfast in the morning, but sometimes have it for dinner.
Don't forget you can use that body wash in your hand soap dispensers too. Dish soap and shampoo can also be used to wash hands.

EasterFlower said...

We love baked spagetti. I will use any kind of pasta for this. Macaroni works great. Toss in a can of mushrooms, olives, etc... sometimes I'll even add some pepperoni so I can skimp on the hamburger. Top it all with whatever cheese you have in the freezer and you're good.