Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rick's A Super Shopper

Rick knows to go to Bi-Lo on Sunday to snap up the meat bargains and other fresh foods that expire on Monday. I'm sure you can do it any day, but, he says Sunday is best. We spent about $80, but, had $65 in bonuscard specials and my coupons. Also, he is beginning to appreciate my couponing skills. We were able to get Eight O'Clock coffee for $2.14 per bag. He was truly impressed with that.

We are on a 3-day holiday away from home right now and I FORGOT to bring my coupon binder. Not sure that I would have used any Qs, but, I feel naked without my binder. Do you understand that feeling?

Rick was able to reconnect with a very old friend while we are away. They haven't seen each other in 7 years. They are on a golf outing today, so, I am here with you!

Bi-Lo has printable coupons every 4 weeks or so, highlighting their house brands. This time, it was "buy Kraft 8 oz. shredded cheese, get Southern Home 8 oz. shredded cheese free." They also had Hanover chili beans and Ro-tel. Rick would not let me use the cheese coupons because we have a drawer full of cheese right now. I am unable to get through to him that unopened, cheese lasts a long time and we will use it. In fact, I think when we get home, I will make a casserole using two bags of cheese just to show him! HA! That's funny. He doesn't let me cook. Oh, how many of you can say that your husband or boyfriend WON'T LET YOU COOK??

Rick and I are in for some troubled times ahead. I won't go into any detail right now, but, I will keep you up to date. We have struggled before and that was before we were so committed to each other.

No comments: