Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Are Any Of You Frequent Flyers?

Over the past few years, I have earned enough mileage and hotel points to get 3 great vacations. Four and a half years ago, I took my aunt to Hawaii. A couple of years later, I had enough flight and hotel points for a week in New Hampshire. Last year, or should I say, in 2010, I went back to Hawaii at no cost for hotel and flight. I have enough points (almost, I'm working on it) for a free week in Key West and enough points for 2 free air tickets. If you have the right co-branded credit cards, and spend on your credit cards, you can do this, too. I don't pay cash for anything. Not even a $1 for a cup of coffee at McDonalds. I pay the balance each month and earn scads of points for these things. I know it goes against conventional wisdom to use a credit card for everything, but, if you don't overspend, you can pay the balance and not incur any interest charges. The points just keep rolling in. If you sign up now for the right credit cards, you get a bonus of points good for air or hotels. I use American Express Hilton Hhonors, American Express Delta Skymiles, and Marriott Rewards Visa. I have a few others, but, I don't use them too much. These are my main ones. I should say that if I refer you to Hilton Hhonors American Express, I earn a few points. I don't think I earn anything on the others. This is just to let you know that you can earn vacations with your regular spending.

No comments: