Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Do You Mystery Shop?

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but, I am a mystery shopper. I'm pretty picky about the shops I will take. If I have to drive 30 mile round trip to do an $8 shop, no way. I prefer hotel and some restaurant shops. Rick and I just got back from a 5 day trip of hotel mystery shopping within 100 miles of home. We have 4 more this month. I hate to admit it, but, I do the "cheap" stays. To balance that, we sometimes do "high dollar" shops. This month, I will earn enough frequent stay points to go to Destin, FL for 3 nights free. I have about 150K of Hilton points that we are saving to go to Key West this fall. By working the points programs, I have gone to Hawaii with my aunt 4 1/2 years ago, Manchester, NH, for a week 3 years ago, and another single trip to Hawaii about a year and a half ago. That time, I went first class on the air, stayed 7 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Waikiki. I'm telling you, if you have the time or inclination to do mystery shops and you are a member of the hotel's frequent stay program, you can get a free vacation. I admit that I have some CC that are attached to my frequent stay memberships, but, mostly, I earn from staying at hotels on someone else's dime. It's nice to get away from home for a few days. I guess if you have a few children, it would be harder to do. I'm pretty much foot loose and fancy free. I can pick them up at the drop of a hat and go.

I don't have any really great coupon deals to pass along to you right now, so, I thought I would plant the seed for mystery shopping. Doesn't pay anything, but, you get a nice night out and earn some points, if you sign up with their programs.

If you are interested in mystery shopping, go to www.volition.com and see the listings for mystery shopping. There are over 200 companies in North America that you can sign up with. I know, it's a drag signing up with each one individually, but, it might be worth the work for you.

Happy shopping!

Vicki

No comments: