Thursday, January 5, 2012

O.K. A New Year, A New Me

I have determined that we need to clean out the freezer before we buy any more groceries. We have more than 20 meals in the freezer, plus vegetables and such to boot. I will not allow Rick to go to the store before it is done. Today, I defrosted some of his "slumgulliom", which is German for "what's in the pot." Something like that. Anyway, we ate 6 month old soup today. I took a pack of beef kabobs out tonight for dinner tomorrow. Rick will have to figure out what to do with it. I'm really going to bear down on him to use what we have instead of filling up the freezer again. A good selection is all well and good,but, you have to prove that you know what to do with the old stuff before embarking on a new shopping trip. We have rice, potatoes, and mac & cheese to kill a horse. I think we should live off of stockpile for awhile. I don't know if I can Rick on board, but, I think I can. What advise would you give in my situation? Rick is the chef. He is mostly in charge of dinner, however, I make the best scrambled eggs for breakfast, so, he has to stand back. We have sausage and bacon galore for breakfast. I can do a pretty mean meal out of that. I also know how to make southern biscuits and gravy, if called upon. Oh, man, a breakfast of biscuits and gravy I can do. It's high in cholesterol, fat, and such. Kicks up the blood pressure quite a bit. Puts pounds on the hips. So, sue me!

No comments: