Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Deals Were Just Too Good To Pass On

I really only needed milk and bread, but, you know what happens when you go in the store to get "just a couple of things." I ended up spending $28.81; however, I used $28.30 in Qs. Some things I purchased were necessary to go with items I already have; for example, canned green beans need help and I like to cook a smoked ham hock in my beans to give them a good "southern" flavor. I had a couple of Del Monte .30 IP and doubled, got 2 free cans of veggies. I also stocked up on StarKist tuna pouches. I had 8 of the $1 off and the price at my store is $1.09. I had earlier gone to Target where they are .99 each. They wouldn't accept my $1 Qs. They say now that they cannot take a Q for less than the purchase price. In the past, they would modify the Q value to match the price. I was extremely ticked off, snatched the coupons out of the cashier's hand, took my reusable bag and dumped all their tuna out on the counter, and left. I guess I did make a bit of a scene, but, geez, they want to lose all my business in the future over a penny? I can't believe the stupidity of the cashiers and so-called supervisors at these places. They apparently don't know that Target would get back every $1 for these Qs plus the .08 handling fee. They aren't losing a thing! O.K. Somebody talk me down.

I'm still at only about $50 in groceries for the month. Also, my Q usage is hovering around 62% so far this year. I think that's an excellent figure.

I guess my cat food purchases will increase soon. I just saw one of my regular strays and she's showing signs of pregnancy, i.e. saddlebags. Anybody need a kitten? Put in your order now. Will deliver in about 3 months.

No comments: