Sunday, February 22, 2009

Free Aluminum Foil and Free GC

I transferred an $8 prescription to Rite Aid today and received a $30 GC for my efforts. Not a bad deal at all. I noticed in the Walgreens prescription Qs, they now say that you can only take advantage of a GC deal once every 6 months. Rite Aid has not put that kind of limit on theirs...yet.

I've hit several Walgreens today and have gotten 6 rolls of Reynolds aluminum foil free. It is regularly $1.69, the weekly flyer has an .80 Q and I used a $1 manufacturer's Q. I also took advantage of the Stouffer's mac/cheese Walgreens Q. At .99 each, I cannot make mac/cheese that cheaply (not to mention as great tasting as Stouffer's). Also, they helped eat up the overage from the foil deal. As an added bonus, the Stouffer's products have the codes inside. I have yet to "win" any of the auctioned items, but, there's nothing like saving up for something big.

I'm afraid that I have not been eating well lately. I just have no appetite. I hate to cook a meal and then just sit there and stare at it. Once we know more about my dad's condition, perhaps I will be able to eat a bit better. I've been depending entirely too much on cokes and breakfast cereal. Neither require any preparation or even thought beforehand.

I don't think I'm going to get the free Easter ham from Bi-Lo this year. I had discussed earlier about buying GC to satisfy the purchase requirement; tried that and it did not give me a ham point. I rarely buy $35 worth of groceries at one time, so, no free ham this year. It was a good plan, it just didn't work out for me.

What special promo does your store have at Easter? Will you participate?

No comments: