Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My spaghetti sauce has taken on a life of its own.

I think I mentioned several days ago that I made some spaghetti sauce. I use jar sauce, but, add ground beef and garlic to it. When the sauce seems too thick, I add a can of diced tomatoes to it. I still have as much sauce as I started out with days ago! I froze it for about a week, then took it out for another run. Don't get me wrong; I like spaghetti and meat sauce. I just hate to think of this thing as growing instead of diminishing!

I really messed up. I told you that free pancake day at IHOP was 7-10 am. In fact, it was 7am-10pm. I really need to put my glasses on and read the fine print a bit more often!

It's the end of the month and I have some Qs that I really (roll eyes!) need to use. I think, though, that my shopping trip tomorrow is going to be mostly free and high value Qs, so, I'm not going to blow it this month. Friday night, I will get all my "year to date" figures in order and give an accounting for myself.

I just took a peak in the freezer and found that I have about 15 boxes of Green Giant vegetables. I should be able to make veggie meals forever with that. I also have many packages of rice and potato side dishes. I've really got to make an effort to eat better. I ran into my gastrointerologist yesterday when my dad was in the hospital and he said, "I don't like this weight loss." I'm trying, really, I am.

I've gotten some of that Boost Kid Essentials and trying to drink that once a day. It has a lot of nutrients that I know I need. It's not bad tasting. I was always afraid of trying Boost or Ensure because I thought they would taste horrid. This is working out fairly well.

No comments: