Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Won Some Free Qs!

I played an instant win game in the past 2 weeks or so and won! I received my Qs today; free Nabisco crackers, free Planter's product, and free Kraft cheese. They total about $15.

There is a current promotion to request a Q for a free 6-pack of Boost Kids Essentials. I received my Q yesterday. I may have mentioned before that I have been ill for a while and lost a lot of weight. I'm going to try the Boost Kids to try to get essential nutrients that I'm missing. I've been told that they taste very good. I hadn't tried any variety of Boost in the past because I wasn't sure it would be palatable. When it comes to new products, I so appreciate getting a free Q to try it so that I don't feel like I've wasted my money if it doesn't work out for me.

I have a pretty good balance in the MyCokeRewards promotion. I redeemed some points for the BOGOF Qs for coke products. I found cokes on "sale" for 3/$11 (some sale!) at CVS this week. With my BOGOF Qs and an ECB, I paid $8.38 for 6 12-packs of cokes. That figures out to a fraction less than 12 cents per can of coke. I admit that I drink far too many cokes. I enjoy them. I enjoy the "fizz" when poured over ice. I enjoy everything about an icy cold Coca-Cola. I don't think I could give them up.

I think I went a bit overboard in grocery spending in January. February is definitely going to be a belt-tightening month.

I hope some of you were able to take advantage of the free breakfast at Denny's today. The nearest to me is about 35 miles and I just didn't think it was cost-effective to drive 70 miles for some scrambled eggs!

Don't forget that February 24 is free pancake day at IHOP. I believe that promo runs from 7am-10am, perhaps 11am. Be sure to visit one or two locations in your city.

No comments: