Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spend A Little, Receive A Lot

Rite Aid has a promo right now where you buy 3 Bayer products, you will receive a $10 GC. I bought the 3 items, used Qs on everything, final cost $1.68. I can also use my parents' address for another rebate outlet and I bought the 3 items again, this time $2.68 and will receive a $10 GC for that purchase, too. I should add that between the two purchases, I used $43 in Qs. I know what you're asking and the answer is, "No, there wasn't anything in the purchases that I needed."

I took advantage of what I suppose is a good deal on cokes at CVS today. They are 4/$11 and I used 4 $1/1 Qs. While I was there, I found a bin of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce @ 75% off. I guess most people think of this only at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but, I enjoy it much more often. I thought .42 a can was a tremendous bargain and I bought 6. Oh, yeah, I know I'm not supposed to be stockpiling! Sometimes, though, you have to grab a good deal while you can.

I'm a 1/3 of the way through the month and I have spent less than $20 on groceries. I think my cat food is going to last a bit longer that I originally thought; it seems that some of the stray cats I've been feeding have moved on. I can count on the females to come back when it's time to give birth! They seem to love my house for that.

There are some tempting deals at CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid this week, but, I am trying with all I've got to refuse to be seduced by them. Let me feel the love from you as I say no to "deals."

No comments: