Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Free Qs, Again

I reported to you that I was a winner in the Kraft instant win and received Qs for crackers, cheese, and nuts. Well, a few days later, I received the same free Qs again. I didn't win twice, they just paid off twice. O.K. by me.

I admit that I have not been eating well lately. My appetite comes and goes and right now, it's completely gone. I've been drinking Boost Kid Essentials for the nutrients I'm missing. Got'em free so I guess it's a good thing that they are good for me! Free cokes would be more welcome, though.

Allow me to take a hard left turn here. My dad has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and the doctor says he has 1-3 months left. It's almost impossible to believe. He's as healthy as a horse up until about 2 months ago. I am well into my 50's, but, I am very dependent on him for many things since I live alone and have no "man around the house." I'm not sure what I should be thinking or feeling right now. I just feel numb. I'm sure in the days and weeks to come, I will feel it more acutely. Right now, I just don't feel...anything.

The challenge will go forward. I will share my thoughts and frugal ways with you. I will try to contribute some good free things that I find along the way. Feel free to chime in on goodies you have found or better ways of making more of what you have. I am always eager to learn from others.

No comments: