Monday, April 13, 2009

Meeting "Quota"

I'm revising the stockpile rule. If it's been opened, it is not from stockpile, so, it doesn't count toward my daily quota. That means the coffee that is already open and the cereal already open don't count as I had said earlier.

I was able to use many stockpile items yesterday when I made hamburger vegetable soup. I used 2 cans of broth, a box of Lipton onion soup mix, a can of tomato sauce, and a bag of frozen veggies. I had purchased the ground beef just a few days ago, planning to make this soup. I used a couple of other fresh produce items, too. I was able to use up a couple of things out of the fridge; a jar of minced garlic and the balance of a quart of chicken broth. I used a pouch of cornbread mix, too. I guess it's fair to say that I used 6 stockpile items yesterday.

I have so much soup left over that it's going to be a challenge to use 3 things out of stockpile today!

I'm going to be out of town Tuesday and Wednesday, so, I guess that excuses me from using stockpile items then. I'm going to be 1/2 mile from a Harris Teeter where they double up to .99 Qs. I PROMISE I will not go. It will kill me, but, I'm not going.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a safe trip!!

Great job on the hams, btw.

vickib52 said...

Thanks. Using up all my free Qs to meet purchase requirements to get the hams was a double bonus.