Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time To Face The Music

Well, it's the end of the month and I need to see just where I stand with my challenge. So far this year, I have spent $682.02, but, have received $131.93 back in rebates, for a total cash outlay of $550.09. It should only be $400 right now. I've got to really buckle down. I have used a total of $1,659.06 in Qs, store cards, store-specific GC. I think, considering the rebates reducing the amount of cash outlay, I'm at 76.5% savings overall.

I'm also staying pretty well within my $50 per month in eating out. I think this month was $50 and a few pennies. Some months have been over, most under, so, I'm not exchanging eating out for shopping less for groceries.

I'm going to have to get my spending down to about $80 per month for the rest of the year to reach my goal. So far, I have not exhibited the ability to do that! I'm determined to get there, though.

No comments: