Friday, April 10, 2009

A New Approach?

I was doing pretty well there for awhile, using stockpile items and not adding to it much. I've kind of let it get out of hand again, so, here's what I think I should do; each day, use at least 3 things out of stockpile. Now, it might not be the whole thing, such as a bottle of meat marinade or something like that, but, every day, I will use at least 3 items from stockpile. Today, so far, I have used 2 things; a can of soup and a stack of crackers. Oh, I did have cereal this morning and that is definitely out of stockpile, so, hey! I made it already today. In fact, I have coffee stockpiled to the moon. I have that every morning, so, actually, I had 4 things today. Good for me!

I made a banana pudding and a loaf of banana-nut-raisin bread yesterday for my dad. I'm trying to fatten him up a bit. I think he's lost some weight. No wonder, with the chemotherapy and such. It's hard for him to eat.

My store is having an Easter promotion. With each purchase of at least $35, you get a "ham point." You must have 7 to redeem for your free ham by Sunday. I have 6 ham points. I was able to get most of them without much cash outlay. I was using a bunch of free Qs to run the total up to $35. This means I'm either going to have to spend something on the order of $35 tomorrow, or lose 6 ham points. You know I hate to do that. I can always use cat food, so, I think I will go tomorrow, get a couple of big bags of cat food, some litter, and get my free ham.

Oh, I should mention I've already redeemed for one free ham and cooked it last week for my dad. I've just had so many free Qs that it seemed a shame not to put them to good use to get a free ham (or two!).

No comments: