Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm Right On Schedule

I've purchased cat food twice this month, among other things. I'm still a bit under $40 and the month is 2/3 over. I feel really good about my progress.

I was dismayed earlier in the month to find that Purina Cat Chow had been downsized from 16 lb. to 14 lb. The price seems to have gone up, too. I was in Target this morning and found the "old" cat chow in 16 lb. bags. The price was much better than I had been paying lately, too.

I think I've been able to keep costs lower than normal for the past 2 months because I am ignoring the Walgreens and CVS deals. I'm going to have to go to CVS in a day or two to use some expiring ECBs. Oddly enough, I can't think of anything to buy! They have some "back-to-school" items that are FAR, but, I don't have any children in the household and I've got boxes of pens and pencils! Listen to me; I'm complaining that I've got too much of things! That's upside down.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I know how you feel about having too much of something. I feel like I can finally relax and not chase the deals. As far as the school supplies go, there are a lot of children that could use them. So if you can get them for free, donate them to a kid on the block or a teacher at a local school. Teachers are grossly underpaid and often buy supplies with their own money. I know that they would greatly appreciate it.

As always, remember to "Pay it Forward."

vickib52 said...

You're absolutely right. A good deed never goes unrewarded. It may not be right now, but, it will return to you, most of the time in a multiple of what you gave.

I've been selling my excess stockpile at the flea market for the past 3 weekends. I gathered up all my pens I'd picked up from hotels and put them up with a big "FREE" sign. It's amazing how people will buy more when you give them something. I suppose that's something that students of marketing learn the first semester!