Friday, July 31, 2009

Another Great Month

I can hardly believe how well I've done for the past two months. July's total out-of-pocket grocery spending is only $49.09. For the year, I've spent $728.53 and coupon use is an amazing $2197.79. That means I can average $94 per month for the balance of the year and still come in under budget. I bought during July, as I recall, 30 lbs. of cat food. It's about time for more and I don't have any really good Qs for it, so, August will be a higher overall total, I'm afraid.

I scored another $25 CVS GC this week with the purchase of a prescription. I've also scored several restaurant GC from various internet survey sites. Even though I don't include my restaurant meals in my grocery budget, I still want to keep that as low as possible.

My dad's really getting into this flea market thing. He takes me every Saturday; he sells tomatoes, I sell my stockpile items. He's made this our "father-daughter bonding" activity. I'm glad he enjoys it so much, but, getting up at 3:30 every Saturday morning is a bummer!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I feel your pain about getting up early. My two kids are getting ready to go back to school at the end of August. My son has football camp next week and has to be there by 8 o'clock everyday. The days of sleeping until 7 are officially over.

vickib52 said...

Funny thing about getting up early, Tammy. When I have nothing on my schedule, I often wake about 5:00 and I'm ready to get up. Many times I wake as early as 3:30 and feel wide awake, so, I just get up, put on the coffee, and fire up the computer. When it comes to having to get up early for some particular reason, I have to put my alarm clock on the other side of the room so that I don't shut it off and go back to sleep!