Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Update

I just returned home from vacation yesterday after spending 10 days in New England. I think I may have told you that I was attending a sweepstakes convention. Well, I won some stuff; a Garmin GPS, an HP photo printer, 120 stamps, and address book. They also gave away to everyoe a $30 board game similar to Monopoly, but, with a New England slant to it, water bottle, COUPONS for free popcorn (you just never know where those Qs will turn up!), a very nice tote bag, some free razors and men's body wash. The convention was a blast. Met a lot of very nice people. Met a man who, with his wife, have won 12 cars over the years. One couple had won more than 60 trips. Man, I'm really bush league compared to those folks!

I haven't spent any money on groceries so far this month. I will have to pick up a few things today or tomorrow. Before I left for vacation, I had to throw out some bread and dairy products. Well, I didn't exactly "throw away" the dairy. The cats got a big bowl of milk! I didn't want to come home to a stinky refrigerator.

I used free GC for 5 of my meals while I was on vacation. Also, because of my status with Hilton, my $10.85 breakfast was comp'd every day for 7 days while at the convention. We had several meals included with our convention fee. I really spent very little money for this trip except my rental car.

I met an "internet friend" while in Boston. I met her on a travel-related forum. She took me on a walking tour of Boston. She took me to Quincy Market where there were so many food vendors that you can't decide where to eat. I had some authentic clam chowder. Delicious! She invited me to her home for dinner. She and her family couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. This was really a big step to actually set up a "meet" with someone you only know in cyberspace.

Anyway, back to reality and the normal day-to-day routine. I'm going to really buckle down and try harder to make goal this month. Cat food is necessary, but, not much else.

No comments: