Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wow! I'm Cookin' This Month!

It's the 26th of the month and I have only spent $42.71. That was mostly cat food on two occasions. My secret? I've been ignoring the Walgreens and CVS deals. You wouldn't believe how much they suck out of me when I think I'm getting a "deal."

I received another $25 GC at CVS for a prescription filled. I think I have about $90 in GC right now for CVS.

I've been selling some of my stockpile at the flea market for the past 3 weeks. I've made about $265 on things that I only spent a few cents for. American Express will see an extra payment this month! Really, I needed to do something. One hundred bottles of body wash is just excessive, even for an avid couponer. I have found that Tabasco sauce and meat marinades go pretty fast. The slowest mover? Toothpaste. I don't get that.

Oh, this is funny. A woman who had been to my area of the flea market and bought some things came back and asked for toothpaste and a toothbrush. I had just sold all my brushes. She said her husband was trying to clean some old belt buckles. So, I sold her a tube of paste and a Scotch-Brite cleaning pad, the same thing as a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's just funny what sells and what doesn't.

My dad takes his tomatoes to the flea market. Last week, he sold $95 worth in about 4 hours. Now, that is amazing! People (a lot of repeat customers) were actually lined up to get tomatoes from his table. One woman asked for his address and phone number so she could come midweek and buy tomatoes from him at his house!

Only five days left in the month. I may spend another $10 or so at the grocery. That's going to really turbo-charge my savings. It looks like I'm going to make goal this year even after a rocky start.

No comments: