Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I've Got To Start Brushing My Teeth More Often

Since I'm not going to the flea market anymore this year, I have brought all my stuff home and trying to re-integrate it all back into the places where I used to have them. I think I have about 100 tubes of toothpaste. Maybe if I start brushing my teeth about 6 times a day, I can use it all before I die!

Yesterday, I received $30 in Chili's GC for some survey or another. Chili's just had a promo for the past 2 weeks where you would collect game pieces and you could scratch them off starting today. I ate at Chili's, took my dad a great meal from there, and with the coupon and GC, spent nothing. Oh, yeah! That's the way I like it. And, I made sure my dad had something tasty and nutritious for lunch.

About my dad; his weight is up a little bit. We saw the oncologist yesterday. The tumor has not shrunk any, but, it hasn't grown any, either. He is staying on the chemo by mouth. That crap costs $4,000 a month. He has Medicare Part D and it pays some. This year, he had to pay over $2,000 a month for 2 months before he got through the doughnut hole. It's about $250 a month for the rest of the year. Starting in January, though, it's going to be right back up there.

Oh, yeah, I was with my dad when I bought a bag of cat food today. He said, "Let me feed the cats this month." Wow! Saved about $14 right there. That was good of him to do it for me.

No comments: