Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Guilty As Charged: Stockpiling

If you are reading this, then you are an avid couponer as am I. It should come as no surprise to you that even though I was trying hard to live off of stockpile this year, I have succombed to some stockpiling lately. My store had a great deal on Hormel entrees and I had a Q for a free Hormel Compleat. I bought 6 of each. Ouch! I also had a BOGOF Q for Lysol Neutra Air and found a bundle of 2 for the price of one. Bought 6 of those. I don't think I'll ever need air freshener again! Found one "flavor" of Olay Ribbons on clearance for $2.04, had $1/1 Qs, grabbed'em. I'm a bad, bad girl. I needed all of that like I need a hole in the head. Well, the Hormel entrees were a sensible buy and getting a free Compleat with each one was really a bonus. The other stuff, though, I should be flogged for buying them. If I weren't so short, I'd kick myself in my own a**.

I missed free burger day at Arby's yesterday. I hope many of you took advantage of it. I think it was mostly advertised on Facebook. I don't know anything about those kinds of sites. I'm an analog living in a digital world!

Remember those free tote bags several months ago from Stouffer's for contributing 20 dinner points to charity? Well, I never received mine and I shot off an email the other day. Yesterday morning, about 8:30 (I was barely out of bed!) a nice lady from Nestle called to tell me that my tote bag had been shipped and should arrive shortly. Great customer service!

I may have mentioned an incident about 2 weeks ago when the Walgreens cashier refused to scan my Reynolds Q because she said, "You're already getting a good deal." I sent an email off to customer service at corporate. I asked that I not be called, that I receive an email or snail mail to document the transaction. They did neither. I moved $7,000 in annual prescriptions from Walgreens to CVS. I sent Walgreens an email today. I told them that all I wanted was something from them that said the cashier was not doing her job correctly and would be retrained. I also told them that they lost $7,000 from me. I don't know if that makes an impression on anyone at corporate, but, it would certainly get my attention if I was in charge of things!

Oh, yeah, here's something. I was at CVS getting a prescription filled today. The pharmacist said to me that he noticed that I moved my prescriptions around a lot to get gift cards. He said that I didn't need to move them from CVS anymore, that he would honor any competitor's Q that I brought in. I guess then that means I'm getting a GC every month. Huh? Just to clarify, the $7,000 annual are paid by Medicare Part D. I have 2-3 others that are not on the formulary and I have to pay out of pocket for them. Those are the ones he was talking about. If I understand him correctly, I have just hit the jackpot!

I think I told you about the Easter ham promo at my store. Buy at least $35 7 times before Easter and get a free ham. Now, I never spend $35 at once. I have been using a lot of free Qs and GC lately, spending no more than $18 each time and getting the bonus point. I have 6 so far. I guess I'll get that free ham after all!

What great deals are you getting lately? Tell!

No comments: