Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Afraid I've Been Neglecting My Duties Here

I've had a lot of time taken up in caring for my dad. I have to drive him everywhere and see to it that he gets to all his treatments and doctor appointments. I haven't been paying attention to my grocery budget, which, as you will see, is hurting me.

So far this year, I have spent $507.82 less $122.35 in rebates for cash outlay of $385.47. I have used $949.29 in coupons, bonus cards, and store-specific gift cards. It comes out to 65% Q use year-to-date.

I'm going to have to make a better plan to minimize my spending. At this point, I need to downgrade my monthly expense to $75.00. I really feel like I'm doing a pretty good job of working out of my stockpile. During March, I did stockpile several Hormel entrees. They were $4.99 all month and I had a Q for a free Hormel Compleat with each entree purchase. I think I bought 8, which comes to about $40 plus tax. There's also the matter of my cats. It's spring and the females are looking for a food source during gestation and birthing. I've had my 5 cats altered, but, there's a bunch of others that hang out here.

I've just got to get energized and motivated to get this job done.

No comments: