Monday, March 2, 2009

I Blew Out The Budget Today

As you know, my dad has pancreatic cancer. He's lost about 10 pounds in the last week or two. The doctor today told hin to eat, eat, eat. So, I blew out the budget and bought several things for which I did not have a coupon. Horrors! I made Andra's chicken pot pie and an apple pie for my dad. There's enough of that for a couple of days and then I think I'll make him a meatloaf and all the "fixin's." I'm going to do my best to fatten him up.

I've really got to learn how to make a pie crust. The pie crusts for all that I cooked today were $9 minus maybe $3 in Qs. Still a lot of money. I went for the expensive whole baby carrots. No coupon for that. My cashier almost had a heart attack when he saw that there were 3 items in my cart with no Q! He said it might not be a heart attack, but, definitely a triple bypass.

Dad starts his treatments on Friday. I feel like the doctor is just placating him with treatments. He gave no indication that it would extend his life with any significant time. I guess I'm hoping for the best, but, preparing for the worst.

I don't usually find a lot of mail-in rebates for stuff I use; however, so far this year, I've gotten over $100 back in rebates. I'm on a roll! If you hear of any good ones, please let me know. This has been fun!

No comments: