Monday, March 16, 2009

Some Freebies At My Local CVS

I was in my local, tiny, old CVS a day or two ago. It's closest to my home and in addition, I have a very good relationship with the manager. I found some Stacey's pita chips 1/2 price and had a Q. Never tried them, but, for a few cents, it was probably worth it. When I went to check out, the manager was manning the cash register. I asked him to price check the pita chips to make sure I had picked up the ones that were on sale. He pointed out to me that the expiration date was 2/09. He asked if I still wanted them. When I said yes, he just put them in my bag without scanning. He then offered me a free package of Dunkin' Donuts coffee with an expiration date of 3/09. Oh, yeah, like coffee's gonna go bad!

I guess my point is, make friends with the manager and staff at your favorite store. Be considerate of others when you are making multiple transactions. Don't sign up for additional bonus cards for which you are not eligible. If you use your Qs in a legal, legitimate, and moral manner, you will be a valued customer. It is better to be remembered as, "Oh, the coupon lady!" rather than, "Oh, no that coupon woman; you take her, no, you take her."

Just a quick side note. My dad is holding his own. He has had 2 chemo treatments and is taking a pill by mouth every day. He seems to be in less pain, although the doctors have promised unlimited narcotics. There has never been any discussion about the possibility of becoming addicted. His pretty blonde hair has turned mostly white almost overnight. I will keep you posted.

No comments: