Sunday, March 8, 2009

Scoring Gift Cards

I had an opportunity yesterday to pay for a year's worth of home newspaper delivery and receive $30 in Bi-Lo GC. I order the paper anyway, although I don't usually pay for it a year at a time. Today, I transferred a prescription to CVS for a $25 GC. I'm hoping my free 12-pack coke Qs come in the mail this week. CVS has a deal on cokes to get $3 in ECBs when you buy 4. I'd like to be able to get them free AND get the ECB. Oh, the free coke Qs are from MyCokeRewards. I cashed in some points to get them.

I've taken dinner to my parents' house a couple of times this week. I will be spending more in order to do that more often. My dad is having difficulty eating and I want him to have enough choices so that hopefully he can find something that will go down well. He began his chemo on Friday. That will go on for 8 weeks and then 5 weeks of radiation. He's doing pretty well right now.

What are the great deals going on right now? I'm afraid I've neglected looking for them due to the time I'm spending with my dad. One thing I did find for you who have access to a Bi-Lo is that for this month, they have the Hormel entrees on sale for $4.99, reg. $6.99. In their monthly saver booklet, there is a Q for a free Hormel Compleats when you buy a Hormel entree. Not a bad deal at all. Bi-Lo stores can be found in NC, SC, TN, and GA. I think that's about all of their range. I may be missing a state.

I've got to get my head back in using stockpile and quit looking for ways to spend my money! I am going to take advantage of the Hormel deal, I think, but, I'm really trying not to do much of that. You gotta help me stay on track.

No comments: