Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Great Coca-Cola Deal

CVS has a fairly good deal on 12-pack cokes this week; buy $20 worth (@ $4 ea.) and get a $10 ECB back. I had 2 free Qs and 3 $1 Qs, plus, I had $7 in ECB to go toward this deal. I bought 5 of the 12-packs for a total of $20 + tax (yes, we pay tax on food here), used all my Qs, and ended up with a total of $2.70 which I paid with a free GC. I then received $10 ECB. Well, yeah, I hear your question and the answer is, yes, I drink too many cokes! Seriously, though, when's the last time a store paid you to take home that much coke product?

I confess I have not been eating well lately. It just seems to be too much trouble. That said, I've kind of fallen down on my goal of using 3 stockpile items every day. I was out of town for a couple of days, so, that interfered with using up stockpile. I'm about out of Michael Angelo's single serve entrees (there was a time that I thought they would last forever!), so, I'm going to have to get off my butt and start cooking. I made some stir-fry veggies in a sesame ginger sauce with rice. Of course, I made a ton. Andra told me that it would freeze well, and sure enough, she was right...again. People, if you ever need to know anything about cooking, ask Andra over at HCW. She's a genius in the kitchen. Anyway, I froze the rest of the food in single serve portions and have been enjoying that off and on for a few days.

On a separate note, my dad is holding his own. His cancer tumor has not shrunk any, but, also has not grown any. He is continuing chemo and we will find out this Friday what the next step will be.

No comments: