Monday, December 1, 2008

I fought the good fight; Day 1

I did NOT go to K-Mart yesterday when super doubles started. I dropped all those beautiful 11/30 expiry Qs in the trash. Now, only 6 days to go to refuse to hear the siren song of the doubles. Help me stay on track.

I haven't been cooking lately. I've been snacking more than anything. I found a box of graham crackers in my pantry yesterday. I know they have been there a very long time, so, I put them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 250 degrees and crisped them up. Now they are as fresh as the day they were made in the factory. Graham crackers w/ peanut butter and a glass of milk. That's what you call comfort food.

Well, it's December 1st and I haven't thought too much about how I will structure my challenge for December. I'm thinking that I will not put a $$ amount on it this month, but, I will continue to live off of stockpile as much as possible. I will be baking for Christmas and putting on a buffet, so, I know I will be out a bit more than usual. I have the following to work with:

Rite Aid GC $62.20
CVS GC $41.06
CVS ECB $19.97

I will receive another $25 CVS GC this month with a new prescription.

I think I will be eating a lot of chicken stir-fry in the near future. I have several packages of skinless, boneless chicken breast in the freezer and I got 5 bags of Veg-All Steam Supreme free. I also have plenty of soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, etc. Oh, yeah, PLENTY of rice to serve with it. I think I must have 50# of rice plus many, many packages of the small side dish packages.

No comments: