Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just buying necessities

I can't believe it, but, a half gallon of milk, a quart of coffee cream, and a loaf of bread came to $9.72. I think when I buy a cartful of stuff, I don't notice the high prices of some individual items because they get "drowned out" by all the other stuff. When you go in for milk and bread and it's $10, that really brings the whole thing into perspective.

I scored another $25 CVS GC today by buying an $8 prescription. I usually start Christmas shopping for the next year a day or two after Christmas. CVS sometimes has some great toys 75% off about a week after the holiday is over. I think I may just use my GC to do that this year.

So far this month, I have only spent $37.95 and of that, $22.51 was for cat food. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape.

No comments: