Friday, December 12, 2008

My cats are "high maintenance"

I had to buy cat food this week. Two 18-lb bags, w/ a $1.50 Q was $22.51. I swear, that's all I got and that won't last a whole month.

I'm completely out of milk, bread, and coffee cream. I'm going to have to spend a bit today to get what I need. I am definitely going to be living off of stockpile for everything else. I can't think of anything I need besides those basics. I know I didn't set a budget limit for this month, but, I still want to keep it as low as possible.

A bit off-topic, but, I wondered if anyone had an opinion about this. I use my cell phone for almost all my calls. I have VoIP service at home. I hardly ever pick it up to use it. I enter a lot of sweepstakes and you know they sell their lists sometimes, so the house phone is always ringing from some telemarketer or something. If they block their name and number, I definitely don't answer. If it I.D.'s them as a telemarketer or fund raiser, I don't answer. Works out pretty well for me, having a "throw away" number I can use for entering sweepstakes. I'm looking for ways to cut my expenses, though, and I'm wondering if it would cause me too much headache to cut off the VoIP and just use my cell phone for everything. The service is only $15.07 per month, but, that's $180 a year. Are any of my readers avid sweepstakers and how do you handle it?

No comments: