Friday, December 26, 2008

Take a number and get in line to kick my butt

I planned my menu for this evening plus bought a few other basics that I needed. I am sorry to report to you that I spent $81.52 today, although I was able to use $30.93 in Qs. Some of the things, like the fresh veggies, are going to do double duty. I am going to have a veggie tray w/ ranch dip tonight, then, with the veggies left over, I am going to make some beef stew in a couple of days. I have a package of stew-cut beef in the freezer. Yes, I know it costs more to buy it already cut up than to do it myself, but, this package was marked way down and was a great bargain even compared to the same thing that I could cut up.

I rarely find Q tearpads in my store. I don't know why they don't have them and I've also noticed that there are less blinkie machines, too. Today, though, I was able to find a couple of pads of Qs; one is $1 off milk when you buy Sara Lee bread. O.K. Even I buy milk and bread and that's a couple of things for which I rarely have a Q. I also found what I think is a new item; Jell-O No Bake Pumpkin Style Pie Dessert. Except that it is pumpkin, the box looks just like the Jell-O No Bake Cheesecake. Now, that (the cheesecake version) is a handy thing to have around the house. I made mini-cheesecakes in muffin cups and topped with various flavors of pie filling for a couple of my law firms. They loved them!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I am looking forward to the new year. It seems an appropriate time to learn to spend less money.

No comments: