Saturday, May 23, 2009

I Can't Get Off The BBQ Sauce Merry-Go-Round!

Go ahead, readers, just shoot me and put me out of my misery. I had to go to the store again today and buy 5 more bottles of BBQ sauce. They are .74 ea. and they all had a .35 peelie on them and this is a double coupon store. As you can see, I spent a few pennies for these 5 bottles and received a $2.50 OYNO. I wish the ones with peelies would disappear so I wouldn't keep doing this! All totalled today, I took home about $46 worth of groceries for $7.47 and still have the $2.50 OYNO. Ground chuck was on sale and that's one thing I'm completely out of. I had $7 in Qs on any meat, so I got 4 lbs. for just a few cents. I'm thinking of browning all of it and putting about 1/2 lb. in each bag. I have one of those vacuum gadgets, so, keeping it in the freezer for a while will work out well for me. It's a great way to throw together a taco or burrito dinner or make some spaghetti with meat. If it were winter, I'd mention chili, but, I just don't eat chili in summer. Besides, I have 2 dozen cans of chili that were obtained either free or for just a few pennies each.

I've come down with the worst summer affliction; poison oak. Instead of rushing to the store to buy Benadryl lotion, I hit my dad up for his bottle. No sense buying it when he's willing to share.

Oh, I came up with a great way to get rid of some of all that salad dressing I got nearly free last week. My dad likes a baked potato slathered in ranch dressing. That dressing is high in fat and calories which is exactly what he needs right now. I'm trying to help him keep his weight up.

Well, here it is Saturday afternoon and I have just finished sorting, filing, and inputting all my Qs in the HCW database for trading. Thank goodness I got it done today. I hate to start off with new inserts on Sunday with a backlog of work still to do.

I'm feeling optimistic about my spending this month. As I told you last month, I need to cut back to $80 a month to make goal this year. I'm at $77 right now and there's only a week left. I will probably go over by a few dollars because I have to buy cat food tomorrow, but, I have great Qs and the food is (I hope still) $3.89 a bag at Target. And, no, I will not consider going to WM for it. I don't care if they are giving it away. The cashiers at WM all act like their heads will explode when you hand over Qs. I had one cashier make me wait for 5 minutes while she went to find a supervisor just to get permission to scan my Qs. That was so ridiculous I would have laughed had I not been fuming so much. I wrote the store manager about it, never got a reply. Then, I contacted corporate; still no reply. I can only surmise that WM doesn't really care if I come back or not, that there are millions who will take my place.

No comments: