Sunday, May 10, 2009

"Taco Day" At My House

I have literally a box full of Mexican foods, including taco shells, taco seasoning envelopes, jars of salsa, burrito sauce, jarred cheese for queso dip. You name it, I've got it. Well, I don't use it very often because you have to make so much and do so much just to make tacos and I cannot possibly eat enough to justify the trouble. Yesterday, I decided that I would pick through the box and pick out my 3 stockpile items of the day. The box has 10 tacos, but, I only took out 5 and put the others in a zip bag. I cooked the beef, I actually went to the store to get lettuce, cheese, and sour cream to do it up right. Anyway, I put all this together and could only eat 2 tacos. Several hours later, I ate 3 more. There's still a ton of stuff in the fridge and I guess tomorrow will be another full day of tacos! I just can't do it two days in a row.

This typifies the biggest reason why I can't, or don't, use up my stockpile as efficiently as I should; I just have to make too much food at one time. It's just me and after having gastric bypass surgery several years ago, I can only eat small amounts at a time.

I've made it a 1/3 of the way through the month and have spent less than $20 on groceries so far, but, I've used about $75 in Qs. I was lucky enough to be able to trade for some $3.50 Purina Qs lately, so, cat food will not take such a big bite out of my budget this month. Well, I don't know about that. There are at least a half dozen "new" cats at my house. There's a huge Siamese tom hanging around. He hisses at me from time to time and I remind him who fills the feed bowl! The tom from next door has decided that he likes my house better now. There's a manx under the house (having babies?), other females showing up. Maybe they have a litter in the woods behind the house and are coming for a good meal from time to time. Who knows? All those cats are in addition to my five. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a sucker for cats. I can't help it.

I suppose most of you who would be reading a blog like this knows about, and participates in, the MyCokeRewards program. When it first started, I was redeeming all I could for Delta SkyMiles, but, that didn't last long. I also had the opportunity to get some Priority Club points before those disappeared, too. At any rate, I was looking at MCR to get travel-related points and miles. Those are all gone, so, I'm now redeeming for the free 12-packs when I can. Have any of you been able to redeem for something you really wanted or get disappointed because the item disappeared by the time you had enough points? Since the beginning of the program, there have been end dates posted, but, the program has been extended twice. They say it's going to end November 30, 2009. Well, you cannot enter any more codes after that date. You have until the end of December to redeem. If this is really going to be the end, I guess I'll be swimming in cokes!

No comments: