Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let's Review The Numbers And See Where I Stand

I was trying very hard to keep May's spending down to $80.00. I almost made it. After subtracting a small amount of rebates for the month, I spent $84.41. I don't keep my coupon use by month; it's cumulative throughout the year. Here's how it stands right now:

Cash outlay: $772.21
Rebates: 137.71

Total OOP: $634.50
Total discounts, coupons, store card savings, etc. $2,015.02 (77.25% coupon use)

Well, I'm a bit over right now if I want to make goal by the end of the year. I think I can do better, however. I've just got to stop looking at the CVS and Walgreens flyers! I did happen to notice that CVS has a pretty good price on Kraft Mac & Cheese and I think I still have a couple of B3G1F Qs. There's also the 3 litre Poland Spring water for $1 a jug. I won a reusable water bottle from a sweepstakes and I think I may go to buying the large jugs of water and trying to use the refillable bottle more and hopefully, do my part in conserving resources by not buying and throwing away so many plastic bottles.

I hate to tell you, but, I bought something yesterday at full price without a Q. I was out of town and happened to have a micro and fridge in the room. Instead of going out for dinner and spending $20, thereby blowing my monthly restaurant costs out the roof), I went to the grocery and bought a frozen lasagna for about $3. I couldn't find anything any cheaper, but, I'd rather go over my food budget by $4 than to go over my restaurant budget by $20.

No comments: