Friday, May 29, 2009

No More Tacos For A Long Time!

I think I've burned out completely on tacos. I kept having to open a new box of shells to go with the leftover meat and making more seasoned meat to go with the leftover shells. I finally got the shells and meat to work out today. I don't mind throwing the lettuce away. I really don't enjoy salad all that much.

I accidentally turned the temperature way down in my fridge and froze a dozen eggs. How do I know this? I tried to crack one for breakfast and found that it was as hard as a stone. Wonder if I leave them out overnight, will they thaw? And, will they be any good after that?

I had a dozen lbs. of bacon in my dad's freezer a while back. Got it BOGOF and double Qs. Sweet deal. I didn't have room for them, so, I left them in his freezer. Since he's been diagnosed with cancer, one of the few things he can eat is bacon and eggs. The bacon is all gone, so, that should take care of a great portion of my "3-a-day" stockpile use. The taco shells and envelopes of meat seasoning should take care of the rest for a while! Does giving stuff away count towards my "3-a-day?" If so, I just took care of two days this morning. I gave 6 stockpile items to my parents. I guess it doesn't really matter how I get rid of it, just so I'm using it and not bringing in more.

I'm happy to report that I've kept my spending at about $82 this month. I will give totals in a couple of days. I got a real boost by being able to acquire several $3.50 Qs on Purina Cat Chow. Target had them for $3.99, so, I paid, with tax, about .86 for each bag of 3.5 lbs. Not great, but, I'll take it. There are, by the way, more cats in my yard than I've ever seen in one place before. And you know what? They are all welcome.

I wish I could feed as many people as I do cats. It's a crying shame that in a country as rich as ours, many people go hungry every day. A lot of kids. They can't do for themselves, they depend on a parent to provide for them, and it's just not happening. It's a national disgrace.

Even though my dad is very ill, he is insisting that I continue with my summer vacation plans. In fact, when I said I'd cancel, he yelled at me, "DON'T YOU DARE!" So, I will be gone from June 27-July 7. I'm going to a sweepstakes convention in New Hampshire. Now, I have only been north of the Mason-Dixon line once in my life, and that was on business. I'm not quite sure what to expect in New England. I like to think that I'm pretty flexible, and if people make fun of my accent, well, that's O.K., too. Rest assured that I will be taking Qs for free cokes and snacks. I won't be the boon to their local economy as they had hoped!

No comments: