Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Had to buy cat food AGAIN

If I didn't include cat food in my grocery budget, I could live on nothing. These cats are eating me out of house and home. There are several strays that have figured out when to come by at feeding time. I really don't mind the extra mouths to feed. I feel sorry for the little fur balls that don't have a home or anyone to care for them.

In addition to the cat food, there were just some necessities to buy; milk, bread, fresh fruit, and a few fill-in items for my holiday baking.

I started the month with a budget of $75. I have received $5 in pp fees for trading some Qs and I've received $1.98 in rebates. So, out of $81.98, I have spent $70.69 so far this month. That includes 3 18lb bags of cat food. I have used $39.11 in Qs this month. I still have about $16 on a CVS GC and also received a $10 CVS GC in a trade. I have nothing on my Walgreens GC right now and my Rite Aid GC only has about $2.20 on it.

Here's one idea I've had for holiday baking. At some point, the Jell-O no bake cheesecake mix must have been an awfully good deal because I have 4 of them. I was thinking of making mini-cheesecakes in muffin tins and top them with canned pie filling, perhaps apple, cherry, and blueberry. I have a couple of cans of that in the pantry and I might buy one or two other flavors to make a variety of these. The kids at the law firms for whom I work are not picky; they just want me to bring them something from my kitchen. I guess I don't need to tell them it's a no bake cheesecake. I'll just accept their compliments and smile. Now, I've let the cat out of the bag because there is one secretary for whom I work who is following my blog. To you: girl, can you keep a secret?

No comments: