Sunday, November 23, 2008

A personal note

I told you a couple of weeks ago that the doctor found a lump in my breast. It was really big. He had me feel it and it felt like one of those great big marbles. I had a mammogram a week later and there was NOTHING there. Absolutely nothing. Thanks to everyone who kept me in your thoughts and prayers.

O.K. Gotta start my holiday baking today. I want to have a dozen mini cheesecakes to take to one law firm tomorrow. They're my favorite kids (the lawyers are even kids to me!).

I've just been eating leftovers and breakfast cereal lately. I did go all out and fix breakfast a day or two ago; bacon, eggs, toast, and orange marmalade. That's very unusual for me. Some time back, my store had Hormel bacon B1G1F and I had double Qs. I bought as many as I had Qs for and put them in the freezer. I also did the same with roll sausage. Pretty much the same deal with GG frozen boxed veggies; low, low price, double Qs.

In the past week, I have scored $60 in Rite Aid GC and $25 in CVS GC for prescriptions. I may try to go through January with no oop. I know I can't do it in December. Too much holiday baking and a party. Well, not much of a party. My best friend and her husband come over on Christmas night or the day after and I serve substantial snacks; meat and cheese, crackers, olives, raw veggies and dip. Oh, yeah, the best part; champagne. I already have that so no big expense for the drinks.

No comments: