Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I haven't abandoned my challenge

You haven't heard from me in a few days, but, I haven't spent any money, so, there was not much to report. My esophageal spasms have been worse, so, I've mainly been eating breakfast cereal. That goes down pretty easily. In addition, I think I told you I had kitchen problems. Over a period of 4 days, the plumber fixed several leaks under the sink and had to dig into the ground out back to expose the pipe, cut into it, find the clog (don't even think about what it looked like!), and get me up and running again. I didn't do any cooking during this time because I didn't want to carry all the dirty dishes to the bathroom and wash them in the bathtub. Man, did those single serve entrees come in handy!

I do plan to make a purchase at CVS today. They have coke fridge packs 4/$12 and I have 2 $1 Qs to use. I will receive $4 in ECB. I'm also going to get the Crest toothpaste that gives purchase price of $3.39 back in ECB. I have a .75 Q to use on that. I will pay with ECB and take a bit off of my GC, so, I will not be spending any money for these things. I need more toothpaste like I need more cats, but, they are paying me to take it home. I don't see anything else in the CVS flyer that moves me. Quite frankly, I haven't even looked closely at the Walgreens and Rite Aid flyers from last Sunday. I did go out and pick up the rebate books from each but I haven't followed up with any purchase plans.

I will be out of town Thurs-Sun, so, there will be no cooking or meal planning until next week. I don't want to cook tonight because it will create leftovers and keeping them until next week is just too risky.

No comments: