Saturday, November 1, 2008

New month, new challenge.

The first thing I had to do this morning was to buy cat food. I spent $23.12 for 2 bags. I'm hoping it will last all month, but, as cooler weather comes, I have more stray cats in the basement.

Seeing as how I've already spent this much and the month isn't even 12 hours old, I'm going to shoot for staying under $75 for November. The only GC I have right now is about $21 on a CVS GC. I think I will be able to get $60 in GC from Rite Aid this month, although I'm not quite sure if I will qualify for the transfer requirement. I have had these meds filled at Rite Aid before, then transfered them somewhere else to get a GC. One of the meds is actually on a new prescription of something I take all the time, first filled last month, so if they are going by the fact that it's actually a different prescription than the last one I filled there, I will get a $30 GC. The other one is even more "iffy" than that, but, I'm going to try.

I haven't had any MIR lately that I could send in, so, I don't have any anticipation of rebate money coming in any time soon.

Andra from HCW gave me a very good recipe for a chicken pot pie. It looks like it will turn out much better than that crap I made last week that was supposed to be a chicken pot pie! I will have to buy pie crusts, but, I have everything else on hand. It's a big recipe, so, I can make 2 and give one to my neighbor.

You know, I've noticed that I have my needs met even though I give a lot away to my neighbor. Somehow, the stockpile doesn't seem to run dry. I believe there is a life lesson in that observation.

I had 2 trick-or-treaters yesterday, my great-nieces. They are about 3 and 2. I guess my dad gets the rest of the candy!

No comments: