Friday, November 21, 2008

Single serve entree, no; cooking, yes

I was going to be lazy last night and just pop something in the microwave. I had a little burst of energy, so, I made some mac&cheese (I think I have 10-15 boxes still), opened a can of pinto beans (I've tried to cook my own beans a few times; I'll take canned ones any day), and made some cornbread. I love Miracle Maize Sweet Cornbread Mix. It's made by Little Crow Foods. If you write or email them, they will send high value Qs that expire 2 years from now. I'm having a bit of a problem with the Miracle Maize, though. In my city, the only store carrying this item is Wal-Mart and I have sworn off WM for life. I think I said that even if they were handing out $100 bills to walk in, I would not go. I guess I will have to sneak into WM to buy Miracle Maize and throw away the logo'd bag! Better yet, take my own Publix bag. That ought to gig them a little. Needless to say, I didn't take anything next door. Oh, yeah, almost forgot the best part; I had some leftover grilled salmon from a lunch outing a couple of days ago.

I'm hoping to feel energetic enough on Sunday to make some mini cheesecakes for my law firms. I have several no bake cheesecake mixes (it was at a really great price, believe me) and I have blueberry, cherry, and apple pie filling to put on top of the minis.

Well, I've let it get into cold weather and I have not painted my baskets for Christmas. I guess the next really sunny day, no matter how cold, I am going to have to drag them all out of the basement and get busy. I make little baskets for all my "people" every year. I put the small packages of coffee, single serve hot chocolate envelopes, Christmas wrapped candies in it and decorate with colored paper, Christmas themed "picks," (you know, a lttle plastic bouquet of Christmas looking flowers or something that you stick in styrofoam), and sprinkle with silver icicles and little metallic candy cane shaped confetti. I think I have enough Christmas candy to finish all of them. Last week, or maybe 2 weeks ago, CVS had it on sale and if you bought $20 worth, you got a $10 ECB. I got $20 exactly, used $18.49 in ECB, used my GC for the $1.65 I owed, and got $10 back. I do not count that in groceries; those things go in office expenses since they are gifts for my clients.

No comments: