Sunday, June 28, 2009

Anyone Want To Horse-Whip Me?

I'm in Boston on vacation. Thought I would use one of my MCR free 12-pack coke product Qs. I was informed at the local Shaw's that it is probably a fraudulent coupon and would not be accepted. I know where I got it. It came straight from MCR. I know it's good. To save face, though, I went ahead and bought a 12-pack at full retail price of $5!!! As you can tell, it killed my budget and my % of savings. I also bought a sandwich from the deli, so, I didn't have to go out to dinner last night. I'm having dinner at a friend's house tonight, so, no worries there. I'll be traveling on to Manchester, NH, tomorrow where I hear there is no sales tax. Woo-hoo! Too bad I'm flying and can't carry a load of groceries home with me or I'd go coupon crazy.

The United States is so vast, that you can go just a few states away and see things you never would have dreamed of in your own back yard. I have to admit that this is only my 2nd trip north of the Mason-Dixon line, once about 20 years ago on business. I was expecting summer to have arrived and brought summer clothes. Mistake. It's hardly warmer here than what I experience in winter at home. I always tend to overpack, so, I've got a lot of shorts and tee shirts that I won't be wearing while I'm up here. So, live and learn.

No comments: