Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Scored $50 Today

I received a $25 CVS GC for filling a prescription today. I also had enough points in my Accumul8 account to redeem for a $25 Visa GC. I really needed that boost since my medicine was $67! It was only $33 last month, doubled this month, and the pharmacist warned me that it is going to more than double for next month. It's not something I can do without, either.

I was able to get 20 lbs. of cat food yesterday for a total of $6.10. Unless I am able to get some more high-value coupons in the near future, that cheap cat food is history.

For those of you who do not frequent Target, I am happy to report that, at least at the store closest to me, they are giving a nickel back for each of your own bags that you use. Some grocery stores have been doing this for quite some time. I don't know if it is system-wide or for a limited time, but, for the last 3 visits I've made here, I have received bag credit. I hope that this is a growing trend with other types of stores. Wouldn't we all make money using our own bags at CVS and Walgreens if they implemented this program!

I learned from the manager at Bed Bath & Beyond today that while they are still accepting expired coupons, they are going to end that practice soon. When pressed, she said she didn't know just when that would happen. So, use up those good coupons while you can.

No comments: